3D Cone Beam Dental Imaging – Norman, OK
Advanced Dental Imaging for Optimal Results
As an advanced type of digital radiography, 3D cone beam dental imaging technology in Norman provides Dr. Carmen with a three-dimensional, digital image of structures beneath the surface of the teeth and gums. This unobstructed view of the mouth includes teeth roots, internal canals, sinuses, and bone structure. CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) scans are similar in detail to traditional medical CTs, but can be captured in a fraction of the time. Since the scan takes only seconds, your radiation exposure will be drastically reduced.
What Do We Use 3D Cone Beam Dental Imaging For?
With the cone beam's precision scans, we no longer rely on two-dimensional X-rays for dental diagnoses and treatment planning. The dentist is better equipped to:
- Uncover the cause of a patient's previously undiagnosed pain
- Plan root canal treatment
- Contribute to precise dental implant placement, making the surgery less exploratory and invasive. Reduced trauma to surrounding tissue means that you can recover more quickly after the procedure
- Fit patients with Invisalign clear braces that most closely meet their orthodontic needs
- Pinpoint disorders of patients’ TMJs (temporomandibular joints) that cause headaches, teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism), or other serious issues that can negatively impact oral health
The Benefits of Seeing a Dentist with CBCT Imaging
Since you'll have access to the cone beam technology in our dental office, you won't need a referral to a radiology lab. Your scans, diagnosis, and treatment will be conveniently centralized on site. When we see the detailed 3D renderings of your teeth and jaw, your dental treatment can be targeted and more effective.