Multiple Tooth Dental Implants in Norman, OK
Get Your Beautiful Smile Back with Dental Implants
Are you missing several teeth and feeling like you will never regain your confident, stable smile? We have some good news for you -- multiple tooth dental implants in Norman, OK can provide a wonderful solution for your oral and overall health. Implant dentistry from Dr. Bobby J. Carmen will help you enjoy a natural-looking prosthetic that can last for a lifetime with proper care. Keep reading to learn more about dental implants in Norman!
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
Patients who are ineligible for dental implants or who prefer an alternative can choose from the following non-implant replacement options:
- Crown and bridge: Replaces several consecutively missing teeth by affixing a dental crown on each tooth that surrounds the gap. A set of prosthetic teeth (pontics) are affixed to the crowns and fill in the space between, creating a literal bridge.
- Partial dentures: When some healthy teeth remain in the gum line, partial dentures fit in like a missing puzzle piece. They are affixed to brackets on the natural teeth.
- Full dentures: A full denture rests on the gum tissue and replaces a complete arch of missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw. This option may require denture adhesive for additional security.
The Dental Implant Process
If dental implants are the right option for you, you can expect the process to be completed over the course of several months. Dr. Carmen will put together a treatment plan which will vary based on the extent of the tooth loss, where in the jaw the missing teeth are located, and the health of the jaw bone. Before placement can occur, you may require a bone graft procedure to create the right environment for dental implants. The implants will be placed and heal together over the course of several months before they are reexposed and restored with the dental bridge or denture.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Dental Prosthetics
Dental implants offer a number of benefits for patients who are already dealing with or on the verge of multiple tooth loss. Some of the most considerable advantages of implant-retained dental prosthetics include the following:
- Preserve the dental structure of the teeth surrounding the gap
- Promote better oral and overall health with a comprehensive replacement
- Look and feel more natural than other options
- Promote a healthy, balanced diet
- Make it easier to speak clearly
- Dental implants can last a lifetime when cared for properly, and the prosthetic will need to be replaced fewer times
Learn More Today!
If you are missing multiple teeth, it is time to find out about your options in replacement with an implant-retained prosthetic. Many adults are eligible candidates for dental implants, which means you likely are, too. Don’t wait to get in touch with the office of your dentist in Norman today!